Discrimination or harassment
Uppsala University's study and work environment must be characterised by openness and respect. At Uppsala University, there is zero tolerance for victimisation, harassment and sexual harassment.
No one must suffer discrimination on the basis of sex, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. This is regulated in the Discrimination Act.
HAVE YOU BEEN SUBJECTED TO HARASSMENT OR VICTIMISATION IN YOUR STUDIES?
If you feel that you have been the victim of harassment or victimisation, the University is obliged to investigate and take measures to end the harassment or victimisation. It is you who decide whether a behaviour or an action is offensive.
Who can I turn to?
- The head of department: The head of department is responsible for investigating harassment or other victimisation at the department. The head of department is responsible for ending the harassment or victimisation.
- The study counsellor: The department's study counsellor is bound to professional secrecy. If you want to make a report, the study counsellor can provide support in this.
- You can also talk to someone else on the University's staff who you trust, for example, a teacher or director of studies.
The Discrimination Act contains a prohibition of reprisals that protects those who have reported or complained about harassment or discrimination from being punished.
If you need support in contact with the University
If you need to talk to someone about how you feel
More information is available on Uppsala University's website about how the University works to promote a study environment free from discrimination, harassment, and victimisation.
Equal Opportunties Group
The Equal Opportunities Group has a mission to:
Relay, monitor and guide the implementation of the official ordinances on equal opportunities within the Department.
Further this work and relay back to the Prefekt/Head of the Department and the faculty group if changes in official documentation or procedures is called for or needed.
Help the Department keep ajour with the current developments in the field of equal opportunities.
Group Members and Contact information
- Madeleine Andrée-Särland, Administrative Coordinator & Equal Opportunity Ombud
- Josephine Baird, Lecturer and Chairperson
- Sarah Lynne Bowman, Senior Lecturer
- Finn Engström, Technician & Coordinating Safety Ombud
- Johan Eriksson, Lecturer
- Tommi Lipponen, Lecturer
- Nikita Leanne Hays Molin Thøgersen, student representative
- Tereza Palmnová, student representative
Contact Madeleine Andree Särland for more details or about the next meeting.