Event: Roundtable / Fall 2021
Join us for our first roundtable in the Transformative Play Initiative Event Series, this time with Whitney “Strix” Beltrán, Johanna Koljonen, Diana J. Leonard, Jaakko Stenros and Allen Turner!
When: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 7:00 – 8:30 pm Central European Time.
Where: Online on Zoom
Register for the event using this link
RSVP to the event here
In our first roundtable, we combine our five first speakers together in a panel to get to know more about them and their take on transformative play. After hearing:
- Whitney S. Beltrán talk about archetype work in character creation for player catharsis,
- Johanna Koljonen talk about Nordic larp as a tool for social change,
- Diana J. Leonard talk about role-playing marginalized characters,
- Jaakko Stenros talk about the evolution of play and dark play, and
- Allen Turner talk about the importance of the Trickster archetype...
...we are now bringing them together to explore transformative play in the past, present, and future.
Learn more about Transformative Play at Uppsala and join the TPI mailing list.
Learn more about the Games & Society Lab at the Department of Game Design.
Like Transformative Play Initiative and the Games and Society Lab on FB.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and find our previous recorded events.
Graphic Design by Liliia Chorna.
Games & Society Lab
Click here to learn more about the Transformative Play Initiative Seminar on Role-playing, Culture and Heritage.