- Game Devs of Color Expo: Kayode Shonibare-Lewis speaks on September 25, 2021 2021-09-17
- Event: Playing for Pain: Benefits, Pitfalls, and Strategies for Role-playing Marginalized Characters 2021-09-10
- Upptalk with Professor Doris Rusch 2021-09-10
- Event: The Personal and the Political: Playing and Designing for Transformation in Nordic Larp 2021-09-01
- Event: Everything is the Self: Designing Character Ensembles for Player Catharsis 2021-07-07
- Announcing the Transformative Play Initiative Event Series 2021-06-29
- The Games & Society Lab Speaker Series: Cale Passmore 2021-06-21
- The Games & Society Lab Speaker Series: Marie Jarrell 2021-05-12
- The Games & Society Lab Speaker Series: Henrike Lode 2021-04-28
- Game or Watch 2021-04-16
- Games that create meaning - interview with researcher and Senior Lecturer, Doris Rusch 2020-09-10
- Co-creative game design at TEDx Uppsala University 2018-01-22
- Game Educators Summit 2017 2017-05-12
- Summer school 2016 to focus on improving health through game design 2016-03-18
Gotland Game Conference 2021
Join us in our virtual showfloor in Gather Town to playtest our games!
The GAME blog
To find out more about events we organise and participate in, and to see examples of student projects and games, visit the GAME blog.
Gotland Game Conference
From June 1st, 13:00 (Sweden), you can play some ~30 student games with us in Gather.town. It’s a virtual world available to anyone with a headset and a browser, and we’ve built an entire showfloor in it! Wander around at your own pace and play what you want to.
Students have been strongly encouraged to produce web builds of their games, so the majority of titles can be played directly in the browser by simply walking up to one of the cute little arcade machines and pressing “X”. The students will be right there by their game between kl 13-16 June 1-2-3, so you can talk to the developers that made it. But the showroom is open any time inbetween June 1, kl. 13.00 to June 3, kl 16.00.
Be a part of the yearly celebration of our students' achievements, by helping us playtest their games!
Since autumn 2016, we welcome students from all over the world to Campus Gotland and our three International Bachelor's programmes, which are taught entirely in English.
The programmes all have Game Design as their major, in combination with a minor in either Graphics, Programming or Project Management.
We also offer Master's programmes in Game Design.